Friday, November 28, 2008

My Lily Pond

I got the idea from Inland Revenue Department in Miri. I saw they have a tiny lily pond just outside their gate. I believed that the original design was probably to fill it with soil and planted something in it.
I went back and it occurred to me that my little empty aquarium has nothing to do. So I went out and dug some soil and fill it in (about 4 inches) and then I filled it with water. Went down the road and "pluck" some lily root and the rest was history! However, I soon found that it is a breeding ground for mosquitoes also....

... so I went to pasar malam and bought RM2 worth of tiny carps and put them in. All problem solved ... no mosquito larvae again, no feeding, no oxygen pump.
And... this is the second time it bloomed. Quite nice, right or not?
The only problem is that the water is a little dark and I can also see the shadow of the carps once in a while. But I am not worried because their job is to eat the mosquitoes larvae and rotting vegetation!

1 comment:

I Am Sarawakiana said...

Teach me how to make a lily pond and rear carp...

I want a lily pond for Christmas!!