Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Is your wife still pretty?

I knew of a person who filed a divorce and claimed in court that she is no longer pretty (He actually said "She is so ugly"). That was after 20+ years of marriage. I thought to myself... this is awful! She is in the current situation probably because she had worked so hard and made so many babies for him. The reward she got was such a statement which I am sure will pierce her heart like a sword! How disappointing! Probably he has never found out how pretty is his wife, I mean, inner beauty!

So, in The Star today, there is this article

Quote:
Telling your wife she's not pretty may soon be an offence
By MUGUNTAN VANAR

KOTA KINABALU: A husband tells his wife that she is no longer pretty in an attempt to humiliate her can be classified as an emotional violence offence if amendments are made to the Domestic Violence Act (DVA)1994.

The plan is to amend the DVA for the inclusion of a clause on emotional violence against women.
Unquote
This is probably good but how to prove it in court that he has said it? This will probably cause more anguish. But on the positive side, I think the thought is very good and I shall leave the implementation to the lawmakers.

No comments: