Sunday, February 15, 2009

Miri "old man" street

I called this the "old man" street of Miri. I hope I don't offend anyone. Some years back, the local authority decided to cover up this street.

This street used to be the "open market" in the early 80s. Then they all moved to Tamu Muhibah.

... beside relaxing yourself with a game of chess, there are refreshing food being served. This little bowl of chendol costs RM2.00.

... see what Joshua was doing... will he suffer from indigestion, reading while eating?

I am told that this store serves nice chendol, rojak, etc.

9 comments:

Borneo Falcon said...

I did past this street in my last visit to Miri. Didn't realize its nickname and the cendol. Good information here

Anonymous said...

I pass by there everyday.

Here's the thing I noticed - that first pic you took, if you're to look closely at the ground, it's almost totally covered black spots, which are really old chewing gum just basically littered EVERYWHERE.

To be a successful city, this should not be there - it's something that needed be addressed, imagine the looks on tourists (if there were actually any at all).

Now I can understand why Singapore decided to ban gum at one point.

sagaraptor said...

that chendol shop boleh tahan lah.

dont forget the rojak ah......

Unknown said...

hehe....i like special better than cendol....rojak is nice there....

Anonymous said...

Hi, William

Ai Mee here. You should try the stall no. 7, i think... The stall owner's are a couple. The cendols are really nice. Thick. Delicious!

William said...

Hi everyone... tks for all your comments. I think we all learn new thing here. Or I definitely learn new thing from you all!

Ai Mee, tks for dropping by. Will try stall 7 next time.

May you all be blessed!

FM Luder said...

What a cool name for the stall! Very imaginitive ;)

The chendol looks nice =]

William said...

Anonymous, "old man" street cos along this street, we could find many retired people using it for "meeting" - chatting and playing chess.

Anonymous said...

that "old man street" is packed with aged ppl there. they are happy among themselves there enjoying chit-chatting.