Sunday, December 28, 2008

Borneo Tropical RainForest Resort

This is the last in my series of blogs on Borneo Tropical Rainforest Resort. These few pictures highlights some of the facilities available. Please visit their official website for more information. To see all my other blogs on this resort, click here.

This is one of the chalets available.

This particular unit has two rooms with bath, kitchen for heating up food...

... and a place to relax yourself outside.

They have a well equipped facilities for "team building".

... low ropes course, high ropes course, obstacle course, abseil tower, station ropes course, wet postman walk, flying fox, etc

This is the entrance to One Tree Hill Cafe.

The interior is well equipped. But look outside... you see tree top again!

They also have hostel type accommodation. It is non aircon but really, this is not needed. The place is so cool.
While the W.Malaysian are talking about landslide, leveling hill, re-enforcement, etc, I think they have a lot to learn from this resort. I noticed that all their structures blend into the natural environment rather than destroying the nature to make way for development. The structures were built onto mountain side with all the surrounding trees remaining intact.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Look like an interesting and beautiful place to visit.

William said...

Philip, it is indeed a nice place to break away. Just go there and relax yourself.

FM Luder said...

I agree, I still keep coming back daily to look at these photos! I'm hoping to visit somewhere in Asia in September next year so I might give this place some research =) It *seems* to be within a decent budget @ £35 / 180 MYR per night.

Mrcoolku said...

Hardly can imagine how the environment is, nature outside and yet so elegant and luxury inside.

I had been searching such kind of place for some time. thx for your information.

Bengbeng said...

It is truly a beautiful place. Still relatively unspoilt. Your pics made even the mundane look good

William said...

Bengbeng,
I thought I could meet all of you from Sibu. CY told me that she will come to the function but too shy to go upstairs!