Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Chocolate Bread
Everytime I make white bread my three boys will ask me when I would start to make chocolate bread. Ok, ask often enough, I will have to give in. Otherwise, they are forever on my back. Last night, I decided to give it a try. The recipe was created by me and therefore it taste interesting. The outcome is per expectation, ie, taste like a chocolate cake and yet it is not. If you say it is a bread, yet it is not 100% like bread. Whatever, my boys almost finish the whole loaf today. It weigh 1.5 Kg! So what is left is the small piece shown below....


Recipe
400 cc water
1.5 teaspoon salt
2 tblspoon oil
3 eggs
2 tblspoon sugar
750gm high protein flour
2 tblspoon milk powder
1 tblspoon yeast
1 teaspoon bread improver (I think this is optional but I always add in)
50 gm butter
3/4 cup (200 cc type) chopped cooking chocolate

Put all the above in the order listed above into a bread making machine. Set it to light, 1.5Kg and press start. Some 3:20 hours later, you will have a loaf of chocolate bread... ah, maybe call it cake?!

Regarding the cooking chocolate, I purposely leave some pieces a little bigger so that there are small chocolate nuggets around which give a nice chocolate taste... see the darker patches of the photo.

No comments: