Sunday, July 20, 2008

My humble garden


This flower is actually from a "tree". It really smell - whether it is good or bad smell is very subjective. This season, it has so many flowers and the smell is very strong all day long. During my childhood day, I can always remember that women used to "wear" this flower on their ears. In the 60s, perfume wasn't easily available and this is a natural substitute.

If you have flu and a little giddy, you better stay away from this flower. You may feel even more sick smelling this flower.

I thought this flower is going to die because it was in bad shape due to neglect. But with some care, beautiful flower started to sprout again.

In my earlier blog, I talked about a huge gap of some 20 years that my garden produces no papaya. So, this year, this tree produces many. New fruiting flowers are everywhere!

... and baby papayas are all over the tree...

.... the first fruit. It was sweet and the flesh is firm.

The humble chiku which has been flowering for many years now.

No comments: