Friday, November 28, 2008

My three daughters

These are my three charming, brainy and capable daughters, Esther, Stephanie and Janice. They are all studying in the University of Leeds, UK, all reading Medicine.

They are all expert cook. Esther and Stephanie are expert in slicing up salmon and making sushi. They are working part time in a Japanese restaurant to earn some extras. Janice is expert in making cookies. She works part time as a mail sorter in Royal Mail!
We all miss the three of them. If they are at home, I can always depend on them to make a meal for us when I am running out of energy! Or just want to savor their cooking. Thanks God that I trained them to do house work (cooking, etc) since small.
Time really flies. Esther left home in 2002, and then followed by Stephanie and Janice. It is now the sixth years for Esther. During their 1.5 years stint in Kuala Lumpur, they often came back for holiday. Now, they only have a one way ticket to UK. When could we see them again? Perhaps it is later this year or next year. They will probably not come back during summer as that is the best time to earn extra pounds.
I can always remember during the first summer break when Stephanie was saying “one by one my friend has gone back. Now I am almost alone.” Anyway, she survived through and Janice joined her in late summer, 2006. Stephanie did make some money and then went to enjoy herself. The most important of all is that she experienced how summer is like in UK rather than wasting time at home in Miri. Looking back, I think she didn’t regret.

... to be continued

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

yea, memories are like keepsakes, always to be treasured. By God's grace, they are what they are. Chance made them brothers and sisters and hearts made them friends as well.

William said...

What you all said are so true... God bless you all too!

William said...

Sarah, thanks for visiting and thanks for your kind words. Do come back and visit my blog often.