Friday, June 25, 2010

The graceful and the ugly

I was on the way to Bakum last week and on the way, I stopped by Batu Niah and ...
... I found that the food court there actually have a collection of animals and fish.
According to Daniel Yiek this is called pig nose turtle. It looks like pig from a certain angle. This turtle swim in such a graceful manner! On the other hand, they also have ...
... another creature which looks like a tortoise but it is ugly! It looks like it is from the stone age! And my blogger friend Daniel Yiek called this Alligator snapping turtle. Thanks to Daniel for the names.
By the way, Daniel is the author of http://sarikei-time-capsule.blogspot.com/. It is all about Sarikei, my hometown!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

[Ivy] I don't think the second turtle can be eaten.

Daniel Yiek said...

pic 1: pig nose turtle
pic 2: Alligator snapping turtle

Merryn said...

the first looks so tame.. the second .. garang!

xxx said...

the second one gave me 'nasib' twice~~ haha... long story.. :)