Saturday, April 17, 2010

Random macro

Today, I went to my friend's house and took the opportunity to shoot some macro there...
Pamelo flower
Warp .. what on earth is this fellow doing on the fruit?! The native think that it will lay eggs in the fruits.
This fruit fly is scouting for an ideal place to lay egg... click on the picture to see the tiny semi transparent tip at the back where it will insert it in the fruit.
ya... this is how it will "inject" eggs into the fruit
Flower of star fruit.

6 comments:

Janice ♥ said...

wa daddy macro pics are very nice and sharp

wenn said...

awesome macro shot of the bee!

Ensurai said...

Pomelo flowers are really nice...is it true that in Miri every Foochow Family would have one pomelo tree growing in their garden?

William said...

CY: Not sure lah. But I do have one!

POW said...

can you introduce the best lense for macro shooting?

William said...

POW: I can only speak for Nikon. My advise is to get the longest macro available. For Nikon, 200mm is the longest and I go for it. Of course I have to read up the review.
Another good one is 105mm Micro. All these are good lenses but the longer focal length is much better as I don't need to go "too near". Too near is about a foot away for those insect! The major drawback is the cost of this lens!