Sunday, February 07, 2010

After 30 years...

Believe it or not, the last time I went into a cinema was back in 1980 while I was working in Singapore. This time, I thought I have to watch the AVATAR because our ex-PM made a statement in the press that if America could make AVATAR so real, then 911 twin tower incident must be a fake also!
The ticket cost RM9! When I was small, we used to buy RM0.30-0.50 ticket! How time has changed! I brought along Tim and Joshua. We were warned by Ah Jon that we must empty our bladders before sitting down as the movie was 150 minutes!
The sound effect was good and the animation was simply amazing. Anyway, we enjoyed the movie very much. The whole cinema was almost empty.

3 comments:

Ensurai said...

Yeah...I have been wondering why cinema always empty when there are good movies like AVATAR. I am an avid movie fan myself. I watched Star Wars with friends...and there were less than 15 in the whole cinema!!

Sad...but the cineplex is really smelly.

So now I have my own home theatre....but the thrill of going to a real cinema is gone.

Talindra said...

lols :) I actually had to run to toilet halfway thru the movie. brought my father and sis to the movie, and my father fall asleep halfway thru the movie, my sis watched the movie without the 3D glasses.. the whole movie costs me $75 (aussie dollar) 3 adults and 1 child (my sis)

Kong said...

After being away from the cinema for so many years and now with all the children away on study, I have been going to the cinema since 2008. With my wife, of course. It's like having courtship all over again. You should do the same, William. You should go 'court' Teresa all over again. Sure would make you years younger.