Sunday, December 27, 2009

Today in Limbang (Day 4)

Got up early, cooked some minced meat porridge and then go to church at 7:30AM. I just can't get used to go to church so early. After church service, we went to town to eat noodles with my 4th brother.
I was thinking what was foochow fried noodle. So I ordered one and oh... it was the way the noodle was being fried, ie, water was added in the frying.
At the end, my cousin's son (far right) pay for all of us. Thanks to them. When I came back at 10:30AM, I noticed that my MIL didn't eat the porridge... perhaps my skill was not up to par. True, I can't cook in other people's home. Rice, water, cooking pot, etc...all different. So I couldn't estimate. Jos again pestered me to climb mountain! I gave in and off we went to Bukit Mas again. There was something going on there... Limbang RC Power Boat race! I like anything which is remote controlled.
Getting ready for the race...
Those boats were fast!
If I am not mistaken, the engine range from 15-50cc. The engines were home brewed with the main block from chainsaw or grass cutter machine. The rest were all mix and match. The enthusiast did try to explain to me but I could not catch them. In between race, we went to climb the mountain, explore the surrounding and looking around.
There were lots of butterflies there...
This was the pretties one!
The other side of the wing was even nicer.
I took lots of photo for the RC Power Boat race and will post them on my facebook later. I can only upload in Miri.

4 comments:

Medie007 said...

nice photos! :D

Limbang is pretty much like where i grew up! hahaha

Ensurai said...

Beautiful butterfly photos....remarkable..
thanks...

Yes in Ulu Kapit one man actually created the long boat engine using parts of the brush cutter - this is the best way to negotiate the silted shallow waters of the Upper Rajang. He should patent it.......

suituapui said...

Ah! My favourite noodles! None can compare! Nice photos... Love the butterflies!

wenn said...

lovely butterflies!