Friday, December 25, 2009

Safety and safety

Over the last few days, many newspapers headline was about the 4 siblings who where drowned while collecting shell fish at the river bank. The news was really sad but could be avoided.
When I was small, we stayed next to a river. There was also a canal which run along our veggie garden. There were a lot of fish. The temptation to throw in a line and hook to catch fish was so great that we did tried once. I can still remember my mum reaction when she saw the fish we caught. My brother and myself got a good lecture and beating! The fish never reached the table as it flew right out of the window! The words "Don't go near the river" still ring in our ears until today.
Whatever it is, think safety first.

1 comment:

Ensurai said...

Dear William

It is so sad ...four children taken away by quick sand...

And then I just wonder...was it really quick sand? What caused it>

We have been there for four generations!