Friday, October 30, 2009

Safety.... please be aware

Alert 1: Do not leave chargeable device plugged in unattended.

My colleague in Canada nearly burnt his car and he was lucky to have checked his car before he went to bed. Otherwise, it was unthinkable what would happen. He left his iPhone plugged in for charging and apparently this device overheated and caught fire.

Lesson learnt: Never leave charging unattended. Even at home! Remember to switch off all devices before leaving the room. Never take chances with electricity. Handphone and driving does not mix!

The Honda crotch rocket rider was traveling at approximately 85 mph. The VW driver was talking on a cell phone when she pulled out from a side street, apparently not seeing the motorcycle. The riders reaction time was not sufficient enough to avoid this accident. The car had two passengers and the bike rider was found INSIDE the car with them. The Volkswagen actually flipped over from the force of impact and landed 20 feet from where the collision took place. All three involved (two in the car and the bike rider) were killed instantly. This graphic demonstration was placed at the Motorcycle Fair by the Police and Road Safety Department. Pass this on to car drivers or soon to be new drivers, or new motorcycle owners. A picture is worth a thousand words. Wake up people, Stop talking on Cell phones and Texting while trying to drive. Put your Cell phone in the back seat !!!

6 comments:

reanaclaire said...

thanks for advice William.. i got to kick the habit of listening to hp while driving.. .

wenn said...

oh..terrible things can happen..

Cynthia said...

OH yes!! the cellphone is the killer! keep it away and pull over if you really need to talk on the phone!

ladyviral said...

Precious lives be at stake because of the carelessness in human. Thanks for the tip!

housewife9988 said...

I like to read your blog.. even on safety you write.. so good.. so each time I want to read sthg on safety I think of your blog..

good n beautiful clear photos too.. cheers!

William said...

Claire: Ya, do it now!

Wenn: Indeed. My friend got his house burnt down! I will blog about it soon on home safety.

Cynthia: You are absolutely right.

Ladyviral: You are welcome. Tell others about safety of this kind.

housewife9988: Thanks. I will put on more articles on safety in future in order to raise awareness amongst the public.