Saturday, July 18, 2009

Streamyx service restored!

Dear readers and visitors,
My streamyx has been down since Thursday. Telekom told me that they will restore the service by today, which I am skeptical. My neighbour told me that it will take a week! For the meantime, please do come back to check it out often.

Take care
William

Update: Sunday 9:32AM The service is still not restored!
Update: Monday 7:30AM WHen broadband is down, it means sleep earlier!
Update: Monday evening: After calling 100, they informed that the service was restored on Saturday as promised. Upon checking, Ah Jon found that there was DC current on the line. Further check reviewed that we had a broken wire in the telephone line! So, it was a double problem!

3 comments:

Kong said...

My streamyx was once down for many days. To rub salt into the wound, they have this slogan about being "perpetually online" on their website.

So I lodge a report to SKMM Consumer Complaints Bureau, Suruhanjaya Komunikasi dan Multimedia Malaysia, 63000 Cyberjaya, Selangor. I accused Streamyx for placing false advertisement. They gave me my case number (1-3877743870) but as expected, nothing came out of it.

Oh...one more thing. If you complaint hard enough, Streamyx will say they will reimburse you for paying money for nothing. But again as expected, you will not receive any money from them.

Ensurai said...

Same with us over this side of the city. Our Streamyx is often "off" the cyberspace...and this outage makes our life very difficult when we depend on a lot of online work!!

Hope the vendor can do something....something!!

Reanaclaire said...

that is the worst nightmare that can happen to addicts like me!! i kena once before for a week.. really a torture then.... really...