Sunday, June 07, 2009

Miri Bintang Mall

The following photos of Bintang Plaza/Mall + hotel under construction was taken on Saturday, 6-June-2009.
... The hotel block is being built almost non-stop.
View from the car park. The lift is still not yet operational. Parking lot numbering is currently non existence. So better remember where you park your car!
Third floor
Escalators ...
Apple reseller, 3rd floor
... on the 3rd floor also.
.. Still on the 3rd floor. A few computer/IT shops here.
The "largest" toy shop is here ... Toysrus.
... Popular has move to a larger space.
... interesting fashion shop.
... looking down from the 3rd floor.
Many shops are not ready for business. The number of boys loitering around is a serious concern. They seems threatening. I am not sure how often I will go to this place.

13 comments:

MCM said...

Wah...sudah siap kah ini parkson Miri....lama saya sudah tak balik miri..

William said...

MCM: Not yet lah... only the shopping mall is done. Still many shop lots are empty. The hotel block is still under construction.

chchoo said...

hopefully all shops are open when i come back, and the economy is picking up fast.

William said...

Choo: They should be open by then. In fact, most shops are now open.

LingDi said...

I think I should pay a visit to Bintang Megamall when I come back for holidays.. Must have changed a lot.. :)

William said...

LingDi: yes. A lot of changes. This place is popular with young people!

Sir sc said...

wow~, it been awhile not going back miri, changes happen as usual hopefully for better and mark up to a higher value chain.

William said...

Sir sc: ya.. let's hope that is the case. But I do know one thing, Miri population is not big enough.

Vincent said...

uncle william, thanks for the update on bintang plaza. now, u have become the main source for me to know what is going on in miri.. thanks.. and hope to see more update from you.

William said...

Hi Vincent: Thanks for your compliment! I now know that my main objective of this blog has been well received. I will surely keep all of you up-to-date. If you like to know any specific development, just drop me an e-mail or put it on my chat box. Thanks.

RWP said...

i like the tiles.

Anthony Ku said...

Hello William,
I am interested in finding out about the mall's progress from day one. Meaning, wonder if you have and record of time when this building first started? If you do, please contact me at tangram88@gmail.com (anthony ku). PS/your services will be well rewarded.

Anthony Ku said...

Hi William,
I am interested to find out about the progress of this mall - from day one!
Meaning, if you have any info of when the developers actually started this project? If so, please contact me at tangram88@gmail.com PS/your info will be well rewarded