Using the bible as reference, a child can be from infancy until the age he leaves home to marry. Looking at ourselves as parents, don't you think this is true? We still keep on advising and caring for our children well into adulthood.
In the way he should go
- Literally means “in keeping with child’s way” or “in accordance to the way he was designed by God.”
- Parents must discover child’s way and adjust their training to it.
- The child’s way may refer to his temperament, characteristics or personalities. Examples:
- Sanguine - optimistic and happy, extrovert
- Phlegmatic - unexcitable, cool and steady, introvert
- Choleric - hot, quick, active, practical strong-willed, very independent, extrovert
- Melancholic - analytical, perfectionist, gifted and introvert
... to be continued ... (from the original sermon by Pastor law.)