Thursday, December 18, 2008

Maid Agents From Hell

I read the letter from Christy Maid Agents From Hell and I can even sense the anger in her when she wrote it. On the other hand, I am just wondering why is it that we are all so dependent on those maids. Without them, it looks like we cannot survive. She has three children, age 1, 3 and 5. On the other hand, I have six children and never have a maid. Why do I need them when all they can do is to help me to do some housework, look after the kids (may be) and provide me with stress and headache?

I taught my children to be independent... so they washed their own plate after meal, help to wash clothing and dry them;
When they are small, I send them to baby sitter and bring them home in the evening;
I help to cook meals and my wife helps out with other things;
It is true that things could be messy at times but who cares.... I don't have stress created by them. I have no worry about maid running away; or don't know whether they fed the kids with urine or not; or whether they spit their saliva into the food they cook!
I pity all those who have gone dependent on the maid... come on, set yourself free!
Oh... those wives who complained that their husbands don't help at home, please start the change now... get your boys to help in the house work. This will train them to be a helpful helper for their wives in future.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think a maid is a luxury for those who have enough money to be able to afford that sort of thing. Actually, most people probably could - at the expense of not going on a trip, or dining out, etc.

I don't like the idea of maids, apart from in hotels whereby you're not there to wash the sheets used by the previous guests! But around your own home, I can't understand it - it's YOUR home, run by YOU, the way YOU want it (what is best for the family, children, etc.), and shouldn't be treated as a business empire or words to that effect!

One other thing is childminders. In this day and age, it's increasingly difficult when both parents have to work. In my last job, most of the staff left their children with child minders. As much as finances are important, EVERYONE makes their own financial bed - I honestly believe that luxuries can be cut down upon, once you have a child, and the child's needs for a parent to nurture them in their extreme youth shouldn't be sacrificed.

Hard-lined - but I'm adamant about sticking to my word if/when I have my own children.

William said...

Phil, I am 100% behind you! That is my belief as well.
For me, I save for my children education and also at the expense of our own holiday.
We don't eat out also unless there is something really special.
Many people have asked me to write a blog on how to save money. I am waiting for inspiration!