Saturday, September 13, 2008

My Weekend
This weekend has been quite eventful - fixed the computer for Auntie Soo Min, learned about camera white balance while sitting on the brine, went to the bank to pay bill, learnt about Ah Jon losing his hand phone (I think Ah Jon's ears must be "burning"), sent Ah Jon car for repair, etc. We met Uncle Su at the market and that was where we learnt about the misadventure of Ah Jon's phone.
In the evening we ended up for dinner at Eastwood Golf and Country Club and tried to spend the RM80 food voucher which mummy won at a function!

Eastwood Golf and Country club... (I am lazy to trim this pic. The bottom part should be trimmed by 20% to make it look nicer).

Watching sunset at this place is rather nice!

We didn't realise that they have special opening fast buffet dinner. Cost: RM30++ for adult and RM15++ for children of 6-12. I figured that most of us can't really eat. Only Ah Jon can eat more. So, the rest of us decided to choose from the menu. About 10 minutes later, the manager figured that he will give us a very special deal.

So we all ended up having buffet meal... the food was nice but we can't really eat tonight. The two boys drunk all kind of "juices", a little rice and a few pieces of chicken. I took soup, veggie and fruits and a few pieces of chicken.


Joshua pestered me to go over the bridge to take pictures... and this was where I tested the white balance (WB) thingy!

I let the camera to work out the WB and it seems that I prefer this "warmer" look...

Then I "programmed" the WB and got this "ideal" setting.... a little pale.

So I figured that ideal" setting was not always good. I let the camera decide for this type of shots!

Eastwood is rather romantic!

Later in the evening we went to meet uncle Su at a restaurant in Lutong. I think this is "Philippines pork leg" - deep and crispy fried. This is my favorite but cannot eat too much - a little fat! I tried out the WB thingy again and found the result acceptable. The normal amber was gone...

.... and the colour looks more natural....

The customised WB is very good for taking photos of this type. It is more natural. Oh... Chong Min is getting marry on 6th Dec!

No comments: