Saturday, July 26, 2008

Timothy's school craft/project

When I was in primary school, I don't remember doing this type of project or in fact, hardly any craft work, especially in Primary 5. We make them at home ourselves, eg, kites, etc.
Then, last Thursday evening at about 8:00PM, Timothy asked me to read two Chinese characters in his book. Then he said ... "Daddy, I need it tomorrow morning". You know what, he wanted me to get for him two bamboo sticks for making kites. It was one of his projects in school. Ok, we live in housing area and bamboo is nowhere to be found. So how? I told him to go to school without the bamboo stick and keep his fingers crossed that someone will bring extra.
True enough, when school finished, he proudly showed me two fresh bamboo sticks. Now, he is pestering me to buy the paper and to assemble the sticks to make the kite.
But why am I so confident that someone will bring extra? I don't know whether Esther still remember when she asked me to catch cockroach for her biology class so many years ago. I know where cockroach hide themselves and in great number. So I armed myself with Shelltox (insecticide) and the girls followed behind me. When I open the lid of "something", I saw multitude of cockroaches and immediately spray Shelltox on them. Many died and the bigger one "fainted". So, I caught a couple of them and asked Esther to bring to school because I know that some others might need them.
I also remember that when I was in F5, I went into the field at night armed with a light chasing after frog. Again, I was so skillful and fast at that time that I caught extras. One for myself and one for a girl in the class who is now my wife! Haha.

No comments: