Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Taking Gorgeous Sunset photos - At the City Fan

Original posted by me

Then my friend George Ting tweak the colour using Photoshop and this is the result. The colour of the dome is now nicer! He is a real expert on PS!

Tonight we have beautiful sunset and I happen to be at the library so that the boys can borrow some books. To take the colour of the sky, set the camera to 100% manual. Point into the sky, measure the reading, set F/A/S/ISO accordingly, but EV-0.7

On returning, I took a picture of the Dewan where the library is.

2 comments:

RWP said...

nice photos WT. hmmm the 1st one appeared to be very dark as if underexposure. i reckon it was because you pointed your camera at the sky (brighter) hence creating underexposure. this technique is suitable to create silhouette. try make reading say the dome and i believe you get better exposure. this is just my two cents.

William said...

Shutterhero, thanks for your comment. I took two photos and thinking of making HDR. One was for the sky to show up and another for the dome. I combined the two and I wasn't happy with the result as it becomes too unreal. So I tweaked the combination to get what was posted. It is still not perfect... I will give it another try and see whether I can come out with something better - perhaps, less blue.