Sunday, June 01, 2008

Visit to the Optician

Are spectacle frame so useless nowadays or is it the user's fault. I knew that I sat on my spectacles and the frame changed shape and finally broke off. Now, I make a special effort not to abuse my spectacles as they are getting expensive. But I noticed a consistent problem, ie, fancy frame with spring. They look and feel good but in reality, they are hopelessly fragile! Look at this...

After searching through the whole collection, the optician finally announced the disappointing news... we cannot change the frame. We must now buy a new set. So off he went to the machine for a quickie review.... You know what, his astigmatism has increased. Ok, more accurate measurement is now needed.

The optician brought him to a dim room and got him to sit still and put on him a special spectacles (I am not an optician, so no technical jargon). He was put through a battery of tests with different test glass. Fortunately I have my wonder D3 with me and I manage to snap pictures in almost any condition without flash.

Finally he appeared at the door with the strange looking spectacles just to ensure that he can see well. The optician announced 325 to 350 and 350 to 400. Wah.... what has he done to himself? Is there any cure for astigmatism? I understand it is due to an uneven retina.
The Chinese believes "eat heart for heart", "eat brain for brain", "eat liver for liver". Usually they are organs of pig. If the saying is true, I will have to buy bags of pig eyes for Ah Jon to eat now! LOL. oh... forgot, the damage is RM168, ie, 26 pounds to our pocket. In UK, this would have costed 168 pounds. No leh... Janice think that it probably cost less than half of this because he is still a student.

No comments: