Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Marina Bay Sea Food Restaurant - revisit


I went there again tonight, ordered some food and enjoyed the surrounding. I also noticed some changes:

There are now tables (not many) along the balcony. This is perfect for watching sunset and enjoy the evening.

Now they have introduced lunch and dinner set menu with prices starting from just under RM200 (2-3 person) to just under RM900 (full table). I think this is a very good idea. For the set dinner we ordered, I think they can improve by having a choice of dessert instead of Eastern sweet soup. I think it is too starchy & sweet. I would prefer to see a choice of mixed fruit instead of just a stand dessert type.

I also noticed quite a lot of our expat friends there. One table was taking western and another eastern. My son kept pointing to the nice looking western set meal. Perhaps I will go for that next time.

Price for a small bottle of water is now RM3 coming down from RM6.5. Also, prices have been adjusted for many item. I didn't actually pay much attention on individual prices tonight. One area of possible improvement is to make coloured menu with full photos.

Don't feel being intimidated by the classy (subjective again) looking environment and possible damage to the pocket. If anyone think that you have been working very hard, do give yourself a treat. Sorry, I don't have a share in the restaurant! They won't even offer me anything special for blogging for them. So you can be assured that I am not being bias.

There are now more fishes, etc. Nice to visit the place. I hope they will keep that place open.
Nice clam soup - hot and a little spicy. Just nice for me.

Dessert - white fungus + water chestnut. Too sweet and starchy.

No comments: