Saturday, April 12, 2008

Marina Bay Seafood Restaurant #2

Updated 15 April 08: This restaurant is newly opened in March 2008. It is made of timber completely, with curving panel everywhere. The roof is made of attap. There is no aircon.
Location: Next to the beach, reclaimed land in Miri and next to the huge sea horse
To get there: 1st left turn after the Marina Bay condo (Opposite SMK Chung Hua). The sign board by the roadside is finally put on. This restaurant is very scenic in the evening facing the sea. I went there again with a group of people last night and found that they do accept credit card now. I met the manager and the chief cook. Watch out for this blog. I will post further when I got the time.

The veranda

Beautifully carved wall panel at the entrance.
The furniture is unique and comfortable...
"Emergency staircase" at the back leading to the kitchen and toilets... The "western" ground floor has a bar. Setting is cosy... While taking picture at the back entrance, I saw a waiter with this delicious dish of prawn walking by and with no time to waste, this scene is frozen for you to enjoy ...

The food is unique. I was told that the cooks are mostly from West Malaysia. The prawns were cooked in two different styles here. The heads were steamed and the flesh was fried served with flake!

Big head prawn in two taste. Cost RM90/Kg

Deep fried lotus root with salted egg... It is crunchy and tasted nice.

Seafood with salad mango sauce. Delicious! Yummy! RM12 per piece...

Braised assorted sea treasure in clayport. I counted 6 fresh large scallops inside. You get what you pay.
Golden Box Beancurd with filling inside. Unique again at RM6/piece.

I think many people commented that this place is super expensive. But my comment is that it is better to ask about the price before ordering to prevent waste and money. It can indeed be very expensive if you are not careful. At the momenty, each pot of tea cost RM10.00 with free top up! So don't buy any other drink if you want to save cost!

Poached pears in saffron served with vanilla panna lotta. RM18 each. This is expensive!


Double boiled papaya with green tea. Never taken before. RM10 per bowl ... anyone?



Wafer chestnut cream with white fungus (nearest camera). Each RM6 per bowl



We visited the place where they store the fish...

A pool of fish...

Shell fish

As said earlier, I will post more photos later. For those who are cost conscious, I will give some suggestions on how to order food. I will also put on some suggestions for the restaurant management.

All photos taken with a Nikon D3. This is a super sensitive camera. No post processing has been applied.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice posting. I might try getting to this place next time I visit Miri again. However I need a transport because quite far from Mega hotel where I use to stay. :)

William said...

Hi Zach, thanks for visiting. The nearest hotel is Park Everly. However, even if you walk, it is still quite far. How about you buy me dinner and I bring you there?!

Janice ♥ said...

haha. daddy so cheeky! :P

William said...

haha... ya, ya...

William said...

haha... ya, ya...